Friday, April 11, 2008

What Does Google Know About Us? - hits the fp.

This one story - What Does Google Know About Us? - troubled me from the very start. First - when i submitted the story to digg, i was presented with a blank page, no error or no story confirmation, so i refreshed the page 3-4 times and gosh the story was submitted like 5 times, this totally spoiled my Popular Ratio. I immediately submitted a bug report to digg. The digg team was king enough to remove the duplicate stories and restore my Popular Ratio.
Initially I did not promote the story to any of my friends and it got 50 diggs even before I began to shout at my friends, I thought this one would be a quicky, how wrong was I? The - What Does Google Know About Us? - story hit the front page after an agonising period of over 23 hours, 265 total diggs, 155 diggs friends, 50 comments, 0 buries and at-least 10 friends confirming they had add the story to their favorites. This was clearly the slowest to hit the front page.

No comments: